1. You don't offer free original content. It's important
to give your visitors information they can't find any-
where else. If you're the only source for a certain type
of information, people will flock to your web site.
2. You don't offer free software. Most people like
to find good deals on software for their computers. If
the software is free, that is even better.
3. You don't offer a free contest or sweepstakes. It's
a fact, people like to win things. If you can fulfill that
need, people will stop by to visit.
4. You don't offer a free directory. Create a directory
of web sites on a particular topic that is related to your
target audience. People will visit because they will find
what they're looking for, all in one place.
5. You don't offer a free e-zine. Most people love to
get free information that they're interested in emailed
to them on a regular basis. This saves them time and
6. You don't offer a free community. People like to
have a place were they can have discussions with
others on a particular subject. You could add a chat
room or message board to your web site.
7. You don't offer a free affiliate program. One of
people's basic needs to survive is money. When you
offer them a free opportunity to make money they'll
line up to visit your web site.
8. You don't offer a free online utility. When you offer
a utility that can solve a problem, people will visit your
web site. The utility could be a free autoresponder,
e-mail account, search engine submission, etc.
9. You don't offer free current information. Supply
news stories related to your web site. People want
up-to-date news on the topics they are interested in.
They will also be interested in visiting your web site.
10. You don't offer free samples of your product
or service. Have you ever been to a store and you
jumped at the chance to get a free sample of food?
This same concept will also attract people to visit
your web sit.